Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 10, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
For a seemingly perfect family, a single word will change everything in this edge‑of‑your‑seat thriller for fans of The Silent Patient and The Whisper Man.
It's early summer in Stockholm. Agneta and Stellan Broman have just waved off their daughters and grandchildren when the landline phone rings. The caller says just one word: "Geiger." Agneta hangs up, finds her old pistol, kills her husband of fifty years and then disappears from their home without a trace.
Sara Nowak, a police officer in the prostitution unit, is called by a colleague who is investigating the murder. Stellan was a widely loved former television presenter, and Sara grew up next door to the Bromans, spending much of her childhood in their grand house. Both the victim's daughters and Sara are devastated by the killing, and going against all regulations, Sara gets involved in the investigation. It is the beginning of a dark journey, leading back to the Cold War and fatal ideologies, and the truth about Sara's own childhood.
Exciting, compelling, and full of twists you'll never see coming, Geiger is Gustaf Skördeman's incredible debut thriller.
- “Skördeman keeps readers fully engaged right up to the last shattering revelations. This tale of Cold War revenge and familial anguish will resonate with many.”—Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
- "A fast-paced thriller . . . An impressive debut."—Financial Times
- "An astonishing, assured and terrifying debut. Many books have pretensions to be the next Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but Geiger actually delivers - reaching that level and beyond. Remarkable."—David Young, award-winning author of STASI CHILD
- "Exciting, extremely clever, incredible. An instant classic."—Tom Marcus, bestselling author of SOLDIER SPY
- "The very definition of a thriller. Plotting as good as Lee Child, pacing as good as Harlan Coben but with a completely original voice. Absolutely brilliant."—Helen Fields, author of PERFECT REMAINS
- "Expect a blockbuster movie."—Saga Magazine
- “A great debut novel that hits all the right buttons with a great lead character… This one is not to be missed.”—Red Carpet Crash
- On Sale
- May 10, 2022
- Page Count
- 432 pages
- Grand Central Publishing