By Cate Holahan
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 23, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Imani Banks lives in a posh Brooklyn Heights neighborhood that has just been rocked to its core. An acclaimed movie director has been murdered, and his blond trophy wife—Imani’s closest friend—is missing. Their neighbors, along with the media, jump to the conclusion that Melissa Walker has killed her husband in a fit of rage and is on the run.
Fortunately for the missing actress, Imani is a psychiatrist as well as a steadfast friend. She will never give up her search and is determined to prove Melissa’s innocence. It shouldn’t take a degree in human behavior to know that Melissa would never leave her daughter behind.
Recently, Imani and her chef husband rented some extra rooms in their house to a struggling waitress from his restaurant. Tonya Sayre has moved in with her teen daughter and the convenient timing and her suspicious behavior soon lead Imani to suspect that the true killer is living right under her own roof. Now all she has to do is prove it.
- "The Darkness of Others is a deftly plotted, smartly observed page-turner that manages to thrill at the same time as capture the emotional chaos of the early pandemic years."—Attica Locke, Edgar Award-winning author
- "Cate Holahan just keeps getting better and better. Read her.” —Harlan Coben, #1 New York Times bestselling author
- "A novel for our mid/post pandemic times, far enough removed from the initial panic to be less painful than it would have been a year ago, but recent enough to manifest the gut-wrenching anxiety of a world that no longer makes sense. Fans of tense, psychological dramas will not be disappointed."—NYJournalofBooks.com
- "Fans of soapy domestic suspense will be well satisfied."—Publishers Weekly on Her Three Lives
- "Cate Holahan is a hidden gem in the thriller world."—CrimeByTheBook.com on Her Three Lives
- "The stuff of which blockbuster movies are made."—Midwest Book Review on Her Three Lives
- "One of those rare thrillers that really will keep you reading all night, especially if you pack it to take on your next Caribbean cruise."—Kirkus (starred review) on The Widower's Wife
- "A suffocating double nightmare."—Kirkus (starred review) on Lies She Told
- “Cate Holahan is a star on the rise.”—Brad Parks, award-winning author of Interference
- On Sale
- Aug 23, 2022
- Page Count
- 368 pages
- Grand Central Publishing