Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 8, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
London, 1832: Isabelle Lira may be in distress, but she's no damsel. Since her father’s death, his former partners have sought to oust her from their joint equity business. Her only choice is to marry—and fast—to a powerful ally outside the respected Berab family’s sphere of influence. Only finding the right spouse will require casting a wide net. So she’ll host a series of festivals, to which every eligible Jewish man is invited.
Once, Aaron Ellenberg longed to have a family of his own. But as the synagogue custodian, he is too poor for wishes and not foolish enough for dreams. Until the bold, beautiful Isabelle Lira presents him with an irresistible offer . . . if he ensures her favored suitors have no hidden loyalties to the Berabs, she will provide him with money for a new life.
Yet the transaction provides surprising temptation, as Aaron and Isabelle find caring and passion in the last person they each expected. Only a future for them is impossible—for heiresses don’t marry orphans, and love only conquers in children’s tales. But if Isabelle can find the courage to trust her heart, she'll discover anything is possible, if only she says yes.
- "A captivating setting, a masterful weaving of history and romance, and an utterly besotted hero make this novel a must-read not just of the summer, but of the year."—Vulture Magazine
- "A masterful, original take on a beloved fairytale."—Kirkus, Starred Review
- "Historical romance fans should snap [this book] up."—Publishers Weekly
“Felicia Grossman gives me everything I'm looking for in a historical romance—her books are powerful and passionate and swoon-inducing!”
—Eva Leigh, USA Today bestselling author
- "What a wonderfully fresh voice! Felicia Grossman's MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT has it all--a clever heroine, a dreamy hero, and a gorgeous fairy tale romance that had me enthralled well past my bedtime. Historical romance readers will delight in discovering Grossman's impeccably researched Jewish London society. Brava!"—Elizabeth Hoyt, New York Times bestselling author
- “Romantic, clever, and irresistibly charming. Fall in love with this fiercely feminist heroine and her sweet cinnamon roll of a hero as they navigate family, community, loyalty, and love.”—Amalie Howard, USA Today bestselling author of Always Be My Duchess
- “MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT charmed me! Very swoony and rich with historical detail it is sure to delight fans of historical romance everywhere.”—Evie Dunmore, USA Today bestselling author of Portrait of a Scotsman
- “I adored this rich and unflinchingly feminist historical romance. Isabelle is my favorite kind of heroine—passionate, tenacious and complicated, and who never wavers going after what is her due—who finds her perfect match in steadfast and deeply swoony Aaron. This star-crossed lovers romance shines with its fairy tale whimsy and beautifully rendered glimpse of the Jewish community in the nineteenth century. I cannot wait for more tales from Grossman’s corner of the East End.”—Adriana Herrera, USA Today bestselling author of A Caribbean Heiress in Paris
- “MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT is a scorching and swoonworthy reimagining of Cinderella set in the 1830s London Jewish community. Felicia Grossman writes with passion and sensitivity, imbuing her characters with humor, heart, and strength. An excellent start to the series, and a much-needed addition to the historical romance genre!”—Mimi Matthews, USA Today bestselling author of The Belle of Belgrave Square
- “Felicia Grossman is a shining star in historical romance! No one writes love stories with more heart, more swoons and more sizzle. I adored MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT!”—Joanna Shupe, USA Today bestselling author of The Duke Gets Even
- “With a fresh perspective on the well-worn long Regency era, in MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT, Felicia Grossman blends history, fairy tales, and sexy tropes into a delicious concoction sure to captivate newcomers and veteran romance readers alike.”—Manda Collins, bestselling author of A Lady’s Guide to Mischief and Mayhem
- “Spectacularly Jewish, fiercely feminist, and sizzling with erotic tension . . . MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT goes down as one of my favorite books of all time.”—Jean Meltzer, bestselling author of The Matzah Ball
- “MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT is at once timeless and completely fresh—a wholly, beautifully, Jewish story that feels reminiscent of my favorite fairytales. An unlikely partnership blooms into love between a fierce, driven heiress and a sweet, cinnamon roll hero that breaks the mold. This is a must for any historical romance reader looking to step into a side of Regency that’s often overlooked. Felicia Grossman’s passionate prose shines on every page.”—Rosie Danan, author of The Roommate and The Intimacy Experiment
- “With a fascinating glimpse of Jewish life in nineteenth-century England, a complex, ambitious heroine, and a hero with a heart of gold, MARRY ME BY MIDNIGHT is a bewitching Cinderella retelling that's pure magic!”—Liana de la Rosa, author of Ana María and the Fox
- “Grossman brings us a delicious romance set like a jewel amid rich history, smart writing, and universal themes in this deeply satisfying novel. It delighted me on so many levels and with its unique take on fairy tale retellings may even become canon in the genre.”—Elizabeth Everett, author of A Love by Design
"An important addition to the historical romance canon . . . Highly recommended."—Library Journal, Starred Review, on Dalliances & Devotion
- "This page-turner is highly recommended for all romance aficionados."—Library Journal, Starred Review, on Appetites & Vices
- On Sale
- Aug 8, 2023
- Page Count
- 400 pages